[OpenLayers-Users] WFS GetFeature

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Wed Nov 18 10:21:45 EST 2009

Hello,
I have a openlayers map with a wms showing some points. Furthermore a wms
getfeatureinfo returns some infos when the user is clicking on a point on
the map. Thereby the wms getfeatureinfo returns a "application/vnd.ogc.gml".
Afterwards i parse my gml and the user gets the parsed info.

What I want to add now is, that the user only getting some info, when
certain points are clicked (for example: only when point 2 or 3 is clicked).

I think this is only possible when i replace my wms getfeatureinfo with a
wfs getfeature + a filter.

Am I right with this thought? The wfs should also return a gml what I can
parse then.

I hope someone can help me (maybe with an easy example of a wfs getfeature
request + filter) because I have not so much experience with openlayers.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards
stash