[OpenLayers-Users] GetFeatureInfo... Access denied..

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:36:44 EST 2009

Quim Rifà wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I know that tere are so many comments about that, but no one is solving my
> problem..
>
> I have geoserver serving a WMS vector layer that has some features... I
> have
> the geoserver running in localhost:8080, and the application that I'm
> testing, is running in localhost:3015.. And I suppose that due de
> different
> ports, when I try to do a GetFeatureInfo (clicking anywhere on the map),
> it
> says "access denied".. In the XMLHttpRequest.open(...).
>
> I've added the proxy following the instructions found in "
> http://geoserver.org/display/GEOS/GeoServer+Proxy+Extension".. But it
> still
> says that there is no access..
> Then I tryied to initialize the proxy host, in the "function Init()",
> writing "OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/geoserver/rest/proxy?url=";" And now
> what
> it says, is that it can't find the resource, and suggest to verify the url
> "/geoserver/rest/proxy"
>
> What is happening with that? Any idea?
>
> Thanks!!

Hello,
I had the same problem and I know that this can be really frustrating. But
you can try the following things.

Thereby your html site and geoserver are running on the same pc (localhost)
you don't need a proxyhost. Set it in comments in your html.

Try it out with different browsers. Firefox always blocked my request and
with Internet Explorer it worked.

Maybe this helps.

Regards
stash