[OpenLayers-Users] First try with html5 canvas for layers

Kris Geusebroek kgeusebroek at xebia.com
Mon Nov 23 02:58:50 EST 2009

Hi Eric,

I haven't measured the memory use yet. But I'm implementing the
tilecache layer with a single canvas, all images are loaded through a
javascript Image object and when all are loaded they are 'drawn' in the
single canvas. This way the number of dom elements is significantly
lower.

Thanks for the hint on the protocol. When I'm ready to implement that I
will sure have a look into the protocol types that are around.

Cheers Kris