[OpenLayers-Users] mapExtents for Layer vs mapExtents for Map

srweal srweal at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 03:27:48 EST 2009

I am seeing behavior different to what you describe.  I have a WMS layer
providing data over Australia (using tilecache.py) and if I set it up to
have no BBOX restriction set on the TileCache, then transparent tiles are
requested and provided when my map viewport is showing other parts of the
world (e.g. zoomed in on Africa).

However, if I set a BBOX restriction on my TileCache and also set the same
as a maxExtent on the WMS layer, then I get pink tiles displayed over Africa
when I zoom in there, while my actual data tiles display over Australia when
it is in the viewport.  I was expecting to have no tiles requested when
zoomed on Africa with the maxExtent of my WMS set to Australia.  Something
must be wrong.

I've checked my settings a few times now, but being fairly new to OpenLayers
I wonder what I might be missing.  Can anyone else test this and confirm
that this does/doesn't work?

Ta, Steve