[OpenLayers-Users] Single file build deployment: control images not loading

Nicholas Efremov-Kendall n.e.kendall at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:55:16 EST 2009

Hi all,

I've just followed the instructions to make a single-file OL 2.8 build and
the images for the zoom-controls aren't loading. I followed the instructions
for linux on the site and I got this error "IOError: [Errno 2] No such file
or directory: '../lib/OpenLayers/BaseTypes.js'

I didn't think much of it, and proceeded to upload the created OL.js and
copying the theme and nested img directories into my js directory on the
server. Now when the app loads the zoom bar doesn't show up, and the images
for navigation show up with broken links. I've copied the image location,
which is referencing the img directory in the correct place (i.e.
site/js/img) but it is referencing an image which doesn't appear to be in
the directory "east-mini.png" or "zoom-plus-mini.png." The same is true for
the layer select tab. The scale bar shows up fine.

Has anyone run into this issue? and does anyone have suggestions on how to
fix this? Some superficial googling and running through the email lists
didn't turn anything up.

--
Nicholas Efremov-Kendall
Fulbright Student 2009-2010, Ukraine