[OpenLayers-Users] Control.GetFeature

stash steffen.schwarz85 at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 27 09:20:30 EST 2009

Hello,

at the moment I have a wms getfeatureinfo to get features of the points on
my map.

Because I only want to get features of certain points I want to exchange the
wms getfeatureinfo wit a control.getfeature.

I read in the examples and the classdocumentation of openlayers that I have
to implement at least a protocol to get it working.

And there is my problem. How can I do that. every example I looked up was
not interesting for me, because the protocol was defined like that:

protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS.fromWMSLayer(...)

But my protocol is from a wfs not from a wms. How do I implement that, when
my protocol comes from a wfs?

i have only a wms as a background worldcard. My wfs contains the points I
want to getfeature from.

How can I do that?

Thanks for the help.

Regards