[OpenLayers-Users] problems settings up proxy

Bryan Hempen brhempen at uos.de
Sun Nov 29 05:59:51 EST 2009

hi there!

i am trying to set up a proxy as described on
http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost to
avoid the security exception "Access to restricted URI denied" code:
"1012".

it started occuring yesterday without me making any changes on the code
(at least i wasn't aware of).

ever since then i did not get to fix it, so i hope you guys can help me.

i put the proxy.cgi in my private script folder on the server located at
/home/bhempen/public_html/cgi-bin (i didn't modify it) and added

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

to the code of my index.html. the URL should be right relativ to the
index.html. anyways, changing it to

OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/~bhempen/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";

does not help either. i get a 500 Internal Server Error and didn't find
anything useful at google.

take a look at the code yourself:

http://igf-project.igf.uos.de/~bhempen/

any ideas?