[OpenLayers-Users] problems settings up proxy

Bryan Hempen brhempen at uos.de
Sun Nov 29 10:25:30 EST 2009

Eric Lemoine schrieb:
> On Sunday, November 29, 2009, Bryan Hempen <brhempen at uos.de> wrote:
>> hi there!
>>
>> i am trying to set up a proxy as described on
>> http://trac.openlayers.org/wiki/FrequentlyAskedQuestions#ProxyHost to
>> avoid the security exception "Access to restricted URI denied" code:
>> "1012".
>>
>> it started occuring yesterday without me making any changes on the code
>> (at least i wasn't aware of).
>>
>> ever since then i did not get to fix it, so i hope you guys can help me.
>>
>> i put the proxy.cgi in my private script folder on the server located at
>> /home/bhempen/public_html/cgi-bin (i didn't modify it) and added
>>
>> OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";
>>
>> to the code of my index.html. the URL should be right relativ to the
>> index.html. anyways, changing it to
>>
>> OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "/~bhempen/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi?url=";
>>
>> does not help either. i get a 500 Internal Server Error and didn't find
>> anything useful at google.
>>
>> take a look at the code yourself:
>>
>> http://igf-project.igf.uos.de/~bhempen/
>>
>> any ideas?
>
> are you sure your cgi-bin directory is effectively declared as a CGI
> directory in the Apache config?
>
> cheers,

ok, my private cgi-bin folder might not be declared.

i have now downloaded the proxy.cgi to the directory the mapserv-binary,
which works fine, is located at. the mapserver wouldnt work in a
directory that is not declared as a cgi-directory in the apache config,
right?

now i get the same error i tried to fix using the proxy.cgi. here is a
screenshot:

http://www.pictureupload.de/originals/pictures/291109162359_screenshot1.png

sigh.

greets,