[OpenLayers-Users] Hiding markers in GML/GeoRSS Layer

mippon smarty at programmer.net
Thu Oct 1 06:10:16 EDT 2009

I have a GML layers which uses GeoRSS format to put a lot of markers on the
map. I followed an example from Openlayers examples list to put external
graphics as markers. The layer has many different markers.

I want to give the user the ability to hide some of them or show the hidden
ones like turning them on or off.

I tried using the drawFeature on that particular set of features by using a
style that sets opacity to max hence hiding the features from user view.
However on zoom in or zoom out the hidden markers appear again.

Is there a way to avoid that or any other approach that I can use.

I tried having many different layers i.e. each unique set of markers will be
in a different layer but I have way too many different types of markers.

Thanks