[OpenLayers-Users] Getting featurecollection from GeoJSON?

Darrell Fuhriman darrell at garnix.org
Fri Oct 2 17:39:14 EDT 2009

On Oct 2, 2009, at 14:00, Christian Schanz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I need a function that returns a featurecollection which is created
> from a GeoJSON.
> So I think that I need to do something like the following:

I do this (uses prototype.js):
var vector_layer = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector('A Layer',{
         sphericalMercator: true,
       });
new Ajax.Request("YOUR_URL_HERE", {
   onSuccess: function(response){
     route_json= new OpenLayers.Format.GeoJSON()
     vector_layer.addFeatures(route_json.read(response.responseText));
);

However, for some reason it's not actually displaying on the map, even
though
map.zoomToExtent(vector_layer.getDataExtent()) zooms to where the
layer *should* be.

> And as a second question: Should my GeoJSON generating server insert a
> mime-type at the beginning of the
> response or is this not needed?

Shouldn't be needed.

d.