[OpenLayers-Users] triggering the save-event is not working

Marco Scheuble mail at marco-scheuble.de
Mon Oct 5 07:24:08 EDT 2009

Hi List,

After reading
http://n2.nabble.com/Trigger-save-event-td3301517.html#a3301517 this thread
about troubleshooting this problem , I have still problems registering the
success-event when saving changes of a vectorlayer.

following message is given by the firebug:
"saveStrategy.events is undefined"

this is my code:

	saveStrategy = new OpenLayers.Strategy.Save();

        saveStrategy.events.register("success", saveStrategy, ausgabe);
or     saveStrategy.events.on("success": ausgabe);

the
http://dev.openlayers.org/docs/files/OpenLayers/Strategy/Save-js.html#OpenLayers.Strategy.Save.EVENT_TYPES
API  says that the event can be registered like this:
        protocol.events.register(type, obj, listener);

shall I call the function register() with a protocol-object and not with the
Strategy.Save-object?
And when I'm right about that, how can I do this?

cheers, Marco