[OpenLayers-Users] Re: Select features from wfs layer

Rick Wayne fewayne at wisc.edu
Wed Oct 7 11:56:28 EDT 2009

> I'd like to develope a functionallity that allows the user to select
> some of that features (by selecting I mean that I'd would like to
> have them highlighted) and get some info about them. I've been
> seaching on the web and I found some ways of doing that, but I don't
> know if are the correct way of doing things.

Hullo David,

You'll probably have to provide a little more detail. You have
examined the "examples" page (http://www.openlayers.org/dev/
examples/), right? If you right-click on the map frame and view the
frame source, you can look at the ones which do click handlers and
provide info about the feature clicked on, using e..g GetFeatureInfo.

rw