[OpenLayers-Users] Cursors : class precedence ?

regioGIS regio-gis at ec.europa.eu
Thu Oct 8 04:32:03 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have used the displayClass property on the WMSGetFeatureInfo control as
follows:
   .olInfoActive {
  		  cursor: url(/openlayers/custom_img/question-arrow-blue.cur),default;
		}
var infoOpts = {iconCls: 'queryonclick',toggleGroup: 'map'};
var infoCtl = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
        title: 'Click to get info on Urban Zones, Cities and SCDs',
		displayClass: 'olInfo',
    	layers: [qurau],
        queryVisible: true,
        infoFormat: 'application/vnd.ogc.wms_xml'
        });
infoCtl.events.register("getfeatureinfo",map,showInfo);
toolbar.addControl(infoCtl, infoOpts);

So this correctly shows the cursor I choose when button is activated.
But, after clicking ( and thus triggering the WMSGetFeatureInfo  control ) ,
the cursor should be set to the hourglass (
OpenLayers.Element.addClass(this.map.viewPortDiv,"olCursorWait") in
WMSGetFeatureInfo.js ) but this is not the case.
Inspecting the map.viewPortDiv.className, I see three classes :
olMapViewport olInfoActive olCursorWait.
But the hourglass is not shown.
When I do not specify my own displayClass with the control, the hourglass is
shown.

Since the GetFeatureInfo takes quite a long time, I need to set the wait
cursor, but I also want to keep my own "Get info" cursor ....How can I do
this ?

Greetings,