[OpenLayers-Users] Does anybody know what the alphahack is and how it can be used?

jim.meyer at concept-solutions.com jim.meyer at concept-solutions.com
Thu Oct 8 12:43:47 EDT 2009

Hi,

   Does anybody know what the alphahack is and how it can be used?

   I have tried using it like it is in the call below:

   var shapelayer = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(

                     "Shapes",

                     "/geoserver/wms?",

                     {

                        layers: 'SUA:schedule',

                        styles: shapeStyle,

                        srs: 'EPSG:4326',

                        format: 'image/png',

                        cql_Filter: cqlfilter,

                        tiled: 'true',

                        transparent: true

                     },

                     {

                           'isBaseLayer': false, 'wrapDateLine': true,
'alpha': true

                     }

                  );

   But, it only seems to make my layers completely disappear.

Thanks,
Jim

Jim Meyer

Java Programmer