[OpenLayers-Users] How to achieve getfeatureinfo-popup in my local computer.

Ingo Weinzierl ingo.weinzierl at intevation.de
Fri Oct 9 05:13:34 EDT 2009

Hi zhoujian_ab

your OpenLayers application is running and all layers are displayed fine?
What's the output after clicking on an object?

Regards,
Ingo

* zhoujian_ab <zhoujian_ab at 163.com> [20091009 03:08]:

> Hi:
>    I am following the example of getfeatureinfo-popup to write down the code. And I want to use geoservers example to get the feature in my local computer like the example when click the object I can see its feature in a popup window. However, I can't. I don't know why. Please help me . Thanks a lot.

>   <head>
>     <title>GetFeatureInfo Popup</title>
>     <script src="openlayers/OpenLayers.js"></script>
>     <link rel="stylesheet" href="source/style1.css" type="text/css" />
>     <link rel="stylesheet" href="source/style.css" type="text/css" />
>     <script>
>     OpenLayers.ProxyHost = "proxy.cgi?url=";
>
>     var map, info;
>
>     function load() {
>         map = new OpenLayers.Map({
>             div: "map",
>             maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(143.834,-43.648,148.479,-39.573)
>         });
>         var political = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("State Boundaries",
>             "http://localhost:8081/geoserver/wms",
>             {'layers': 'topp:tasmania_state_boundaries', transparent: true, format: 'image/gif'},
>             {isBaseLayer: true}
>         );
>         var water = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS("Bodies of Water",
>             "http://localhost:8081/geoserver/wms",
>             {'layers': 'topp:tasmania_water_bodies', transparent: true, format: 'image/gif'},
>             {isBaseLayer: false}
>         );
>        //what's mean of the red code?(I capy form the example)
>         var highlight = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Highlighted Features", {
>             displayInLayerSwitcher: false,
>             isBaseLayer: false
>         });
>
>         map.addLayers([political,water, highlight]);
>         info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
>             url: 'http://localhost:8081/geoserver/wms',
>             'layers': 'topp:tasmania_water_bodies',
>             queryVisible: true,
>             eventListeners: {
>                 getfeatureinfo: function(event) {
>                     map.addPopup(new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
>                         "chicken",
>                         map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
>                         null,
>                         event.text,
>                         null,
>                         true
>                     ));
>                 }
>             }
>         });
>         map.addControl(info);
>         info.activate();
>         map.addControl(new OpenLayers.Control.LayerSwitcher());
>         map.zoomToMaxExtent();
>     }
>   </script>
>   </head>
>       <h1 id="title">Feature Info in Popup</h1>
>         Demonstrates the WMSGetFeatureInfo control for fetching information
>         about a position from WMS (via GetFeatureInfo request).  Results
>         are displayed in a popup.
>
> 2009-10-09
>

> zhoujian_ab

Ingo Weinzierl <ingo.weinzierl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3773
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998
Geschäftsführer:  Frank Koormann, Bernhard Reiter, Dr. Jan-Oliver Wagner