[OpenLayers-Users] containsPoint() Help por favor

Marc Jansen jansen at terrestris.de
Sat Oct 10 07:45:41 EDT 2009

Hi Jesse,

containsPoint is a method of (polygon-)geometries, not of features that
have this geometry. Something like this should work

// you can test this in Firebug when
// you're on the page
// http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/editingtoolbar.html
// the point-geometry to check
// in my case the feature 1 was the point I digitized
var p = map.layers[1].features[1].geometry;
for(var i = 0; i < map.layers[1].features.length; i++) {
    // check if method containsPoint  exists, and if so, check f point
is in the geometry
    if(map.layers[1].features[i].geometry.containsPoint &&
map.layers[1].features[i].geometry.containsPoint(p)) {
         alert('yes, point contained');
    } else {
        alert('no, point not contained or containsPoint-method not
defined');

Marc