[OpenLayers-Users] Overzoom of tiled layers

Mika Lehtonen mika at digikartta.net
Tue Oct 13 06:10:22 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I know Jukka is using TMS-layer as an overlay on top of Google or what
so ever layer. I think that the "overzooming" effect could be
accomplished by doubling the layer's tile size and doing a little fake
in order to fit 256x256 tile in 512x512 or 1024x1024 div. Maybe there
are some more elegant ways to handle this, I do not know.

But if we do like I suggested, how could it be done on-fly? I know I can
make this artificial client side zooming happen adding
'layer.setTileSize(new OpenLayers.Size( )) while initialising the map.
But if I do it afterwards, it doesn't seem to be working. I also tried
removing and adding the layer, redrawing it and couple of other things
without any success. I added my tilesizing into a function which
constructs the TMS-url, so everytime the zoomlevel gets over a certain
limit, the tile size is adjusted. Maybe I am going wrong in this. Should
I use some event handler? Any ideas?

- mika -