[OpenLayers-Users] Using tilecache.cgi with Layer.TileCache

Adrian Popa adrian_gh.popa at romtelecom.ro
Thu Oct 15 06:46:33 EDT 2009

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get tilecache and openlayers to work together, but I've
just looked over the API for Layer.TileCache and in the constructor it
seems it will not work with tilecache.cgi, but it works instead with the
images generated by tilecache.

url{String} Location of the web accessible cache (not the location of
your tilecache script!)

I'd like to use tilecache.cgi instead and have it serve me the
image/generate a new image as appropriate, without having me generate
all the images for all zoom types (I suspect many will not be accessed
and it's a waste of space).

Is there a way to use tilecache.cgi with OpenLayers?
Thanks,
Adrian