[OpenLayers-Users] Updating Text Layer - flickering markers

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Oct 20 18:49:10 EDT 2009

Ran Manor wrote:
> Sorry, but I got the same flicker with the bbox strategy.
>
> As far as I can see, the flicker comes from the merge function where the
> features are being destroyed and re-created.

Sorry Ran for all these wrong directions. I could have sworn that the
BBOX strategy was recommended before to solve this issue, but looking at
the merge function reveils that you are absolutely right.

> Maybe I should subclass a new strategy that first checks for changes in
> the features before destroying them.

In the simplest case, it would probably be enough to draw all new
features, and then ditch all the old ones. If you want to create a patch
for the BBOX and Fixed strategies' merge function, I'll be glad to
review that.

If it turns out that this simple approach does not solve your issue, you
may want to create a new reload strategy indeed, which could even be
configured with the interval that you want to reload your features.

Regards,
Andreas.

--
Andreas Hocevar