[OpenLayers-Users] OpenStreetMap+KML not displayed in IE7/IE8

Petr Pudlak deb at pudlak.name
Wed Oct 21 04:45:39 EDT 2009

    Hello all,

I've been using OpenLayers together with OpenStreetMaps for displaying
KML data in my application. It's working fine with FF, Opera and IE6,
but even after spending many hours trying to figure it out, searching
the internet etc., I wasn't able to make it work with IE7 or IE8. This
is kind of unfortunate, because most our customers require IE.

An example page is here: http://deb.pudlak.name/mls/openlayers_map.html
It should load OpenStreetMap, a KML file and zoom to the data in the KML
file. However, in IE7/8 it just stops with a strange error inside
OpenLayers.js and doesn't load the KML data.

These other two files are loaded by the main HTML file:
http://deb.pudlak.name/mls/nova_paka_jicin.kml
http://deb.pudlak.name/mls/openlayers_load.js
http://www.openlayers.org/api/OpenLayers.js

Is it a OpenLayers bug, or did I miss something important in my HTML/JS
files?

I'd greatly appreciate any help or ideas.

  Thank you,
  Petr