[OpenLayers-Users] Line drawing for mobile browsers (non SVG)

billChadwick w.chadwick at sky.com
Mon Oct 26 09:06:24 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm looking at doing a mobile route viewer for my Where's The Path app
http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm

I have a prototype here http://wtp2.appspot.com/mobile/mobile.htm.

Route plotting really needs line drawing. However on Windows Mobile, only
Fennec
supports SVG, Opera Mobile 9.7 does not (forget MSIE). I'm not sure about
the iPhone or Android browsers.

A few years ago I made this demo for Google Maps

http://groups.google.com/group/google-maps-api/browse_thread/thread/3ef83bc6faf108c3/543178e4908f08b9?q=#543178e4908f08b9

I'm considering porting this to OpenLayers. Before I do, does anyone have an
opinion as to whether it would work enough to draw a few lines on a mobile
browser ?