[OpenLayers-Users] draw feature in a vector layer

Iratxe Lejarreta iratxe.lejarreta at axios.es
Tue Oct 27 13:12:18 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm using OpenLayers with MapServer and Postgis.
I want to draw saved features in a vector layer for modify.

This is my code but I can't see anything in my map:

var vectors = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS", {
        strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.BBOX()],
        protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                version: "1.0.0",
                url: "http://host:port/cgi-bin/mywfs",
                featureType: "test",
                srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                featureNS :  "http://host:port",
                geometryName: "geom",
                schema: "http://host:port/cgi-
bin/mywfs?service=WFS&version=1.0.0&request=DescribeFeatureType&TypeName=test"
        })
});

And this is my layer definition in the MapServer's map file:

LAYER
        NAME test
        METADATA
                "wfs_title"                     "test"
                "gml_featureid"         "id"
                "gml_include_items"  "all"
        END
        TYPE POINT
        STATUS ON
        CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
        CONNECTION "host=localhost port=5432 dbname=mydb user=postgres
password=*****"
        DATA "geom from test"
        DUMP TRUE
        PROJECTION