[OpenLayers-Users] Register multiple map layers for same event... how???

plen peteralen at earthlink.net
Thu Oct 29 08:47:41 EDT 2009

Eric,

No, you did not misunderstand my question.  I just put it in two parts.
Thanks for your latest response.  It verifies one of our main issues.

On a side note, we did make the switch from creating OpenLayers.Marker
markers (OpenLayers.Layer.Markers layer) to creating
OpenLayers.Feature.Vector features (OpenLayers.Layer.Vector layer) as you
indicated, but what we have found out is that adding the
OpenLayers.Feature.Vector features to the map is a MUCH more expensive
(timewise) operation than adding OpenLayers.Marker markers to the map.
Because of this, we want to go back to creating OpenLayers.Marker markers
because performance is so much better.

Thanks again for your help Eric - Peter