[OpenLayers-Users] Line drawing for mobile browsers (non SVG)

billChadwick w.chadwick at sky.com
Thu Oct 29 10:11:32 EDT 2009

1)

http://www.openlayers.org/dev/examples/lite.html does not work on my mobile
MSIE either.

Title 'Basic Single WMS Example' and other text show map div is correct size
but empty, no tiles or controls.

View - 'Show Pictures' is checked.

2)

After a lot of testing, SVG failure on Opera Mobile 2.7 seems to be to do
with view zoom level

Adding

device-height, initial-scale=1.0;" />

to a page with OL and a VectorLayer results in blank screen when trying to
render a vector.

Zooming right in breaks the standard OL examples. Zooming back out restores
some operation.

So looks like this is an Opera bug.

I still need to find a way around this as I want my maps at 1:1 pixel,
source to screen.
This must be a pretty normal requirement for mobile web mapping.