[OpenLayers-Users] graphicZIndex of vector features

Christoph Boehme christoph at b3e.net
Fri Oct 30 11:41:47 EDT 2009

Joao Campos Duarte <joao.c.duarte at co.sapo.pt> wrote:
> Is the graphicZIndex style property working for everyone? I try to
> bring some features on top of other by changing this property and
> re-drawing the feature but with no success.
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

I am currently playing with it as well and have not quite understood
how it works. However, from looking at the OpenLayers source code I got
the impression it only works when it is set in the style parameter of an
addFeature call. It does not seem to work when set through a stylemap.
The reason for this seems to be that the graphicZIndex is not a real css
property but only controls were in the list of features to draw the new
feature is added.

I hope this helps,
Christoph