[OpenLayers-Users] WFS layer prechargement with layer not visible possible?

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Wed Sep 2 05:08:30 EDT 2009

Jimmy Aumard wrote:
> Hi Eric,
>
> How I know if the layer is loaded or not?

Register a listener for the layer's loadend event...

> And the user have possibility to save the point on layer (but not the
> same every time he have choice on hislayer).

... and add your Save control in that event. Then, register a listener
for e.g. each of your editable layer's visibilitychanged event (or an
application event if you use a different mechanism to change the
editable layer) and disable/enable the Save control for that layer.

Regards,
Andreas.

> For the "Terms Of Service" I don't know but it's just a prototype for
> the moment, if it's not possible with Google I take another geocoder
> for the finale version.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jim
>
> 2009/8/27 Eric Lemoine <eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com
> <mailto:eric.lemoine at camptocamp.com>>
>
>     On Wednesday, August 26, 2009, Jimmy Aumard
>     <jimmy.aumard at gmail.com <mailto:jimmy.aumard at gmail.com>> wrote:
>     > Thanks Kris,
>     >
>     > My problem is :
>     >
>     > Users have possibility to search an address (geocoding google)
>     and save this address(feature) on a vector layer (but maybe the
>     layer is not charged). If layer was charged I have no problem but
>     if layer was not charged the feature is not added on layer when
>     layer was charged (feature erase).
>
>     Why don't you enable the geocoding function only once the layer is
>     loaded?
>
>     PS: does the Google "Terms Of Service" allow you to use their geocoder
>     and display the results on something else that Google maps?
>
>     >

Andreas Hocevar
OpenGeo - http://opengeo.org/