[OpenLayers-Users] 'units' question

ashley_c_mort ashley_c_mort at raytheon.com
Wed Sep 9 15:21:04 EDT 2009

    What exactly does setting the 'units' property on the map and its layers
do?

    We have a program where our map and all of our layers were created by
including units:'km' (I can't find a reason for this).  This was causing a
problem where we were getting errant scale information from the getScale()
function.  Switching it back to 'dd' seems to resolve that getScale() issue
with no other effects.  What is the intended or proper use of the 'units'
property?  I do not fully understand it.