[OpenLayers-Users] Request PDF from GeoServer

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Tue Sep 22 08:54:18 EDT 2009

cgp wrote:
> Referring to the archives:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/users@openlayers.org/msg00277.html
>
> I am wondering how to print the base layer to the PDF as well? I am using
> Google base layers and I don't know which property to use to pass into the
> URL. The line "layersstring.push(map.layers[i].params.LAYERS)" does not work
> for Google layers because they don't have the Layers property.

This technique only works for layers that are all on the same server.
Google is a separate service. What you could try is create SLD inline
features from the Google tiles, but I neither know whether the Terms Of
Use allow to do this, nor if it is possible at all to access the tiles
on the server without the Google API.

Regards,
Andreas.

--