[OpenLayers-Users] Hide and show layer results in wrong projection

Jelmer Baas Baas at speerit.nl
Mon Sep 28 09:49:02 EDT 2009

Hello List,

I've been fiddling with OpenLayers for a bit now, and I'm very impressed
with the results. The one big problem I keep having though, is related
to (re)projection of my layers.

With two of my own layers in WGS84, I have no trouble. But now I try to
use Google Maps as a background layer, and everything goes wrong. My
country (The Netherlands) is a big wide blob all of the sudden.

The odd thing is that I somehow managed to fix this.... Until I hide and
show the layer again. Then it's back to it's wrong state.

Can anyone shed some light on this? Or tell me what I'm doing wrong?

My test page is at http://www.cocontheweb.nl/_ftth/ and should display
the Google layer with a yellow layer on top. Here you can also
enable/disable the layer to see the result.

The map file (MapServer) has a "wms_srs" "EPSG:4326" tag, with each
layer having "wms_srs" "EPSG:28992 EPSG:4326".

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Regards,
Jelmer Baas