[OpenLayers-Users] assign styles to different features within a layer using Renderer

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 8 07:54:19 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

How to assign colors to different layer features using Openlayers Renderer?
I am using Mapserver with Openlayers.

Let me make the question clearer.
I want to assign different styles(symbols, color etc) to different features
of a single layer.
One way to do that would be to assign them in the map file itself(but I
don't know how to do that?).
But I want to do it in a different way.

Whatever color is assigned in the map file is actually applied to the map by
Openlayers Renderer.
But I don't know anything about its physical existence.
I want to know about it and how to assign the feature color in the Renderer
itself instead of the map file.

Once I am able to do this I shall be able to change the styles at runtime by
only refreshing portion of the map i.e without reloading it?