[OpenLayers-Users] Find out about the geometrytype of a layer

Alexandre Dube adube at mapgears.com
Tue Apr 13 10:26:06 EDT 2010

Barbara,

  By default, you can add any kind of geometry type to your vector
layer.  If you want to limit its types of geometry supported, you could
use the 'geometryType' property when creating your layer object, then
use this property when you want to automatically set the right handler
of your draw control.

  Does that makes sense ?

Alexandre

Barbara Fiederer wrote:

> Hi,
>

> how can I find out about the geometrytype of a vector layer? Any
> ideas? And does the suggested method work, even if there aren't any
> features yet?
>
> I want to automatically set the right handler for a DrawFeature-Control.
>

> Thanks for answering
>

> Barbara
>

> NEU: WEB.DE DSL für 19,99 EUR/mtl. und ohne Mindest-Laufzeit!
> http://produkte.web.de/go/02/

Alexandre Dubé
Mapgears
www.mapgears.com