[OpenLayers-Users] WFS Getfeature with spatial Filter

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 16 03:14:42 EDT 2010

Dear Friends,

I have a single WFS layer atop a WMS layer in a map.
The WFS layer is there for the purpose of GETFeature.
Now I want to do the following:
Click on a point on the map and get the following info:
a) do a getfeature to get feature info within a radius of 100km.
b) do a getfeature to get feature info that intersects a radius of 100km.
c) do a getfeature to get feature info outside a radius of 100km.

the main question here is:
How do I convert the point of click and the radius i.e 100km to a geometry
and pass it to Getfeature so that I get feature info for that radius?

I think I have to use spatial Filter.But there is no example of how to use
the different filters with WFS

Second question:
How do I display the data from WFS Getfeature request?
It is coming as GML when I issue the command directly in the browser.
But if want to display in the click event how do I store the data in a GML
file and display it in a pop up.

Thanks for your attention and efforts.