[OpenLayers-Users] WMS GetFeatureInfo not returning results

Tobias Luetticke Tobias.Luetticke at justice.govt.nz
Sun Apr 18 19:12:00 EDT 2010

Hi there

Sorry for the late answer, but your reply was caught in the spam
filter.

I finally figured this one out, at least sort of. It must have been my
GeoServer that was messed up in some non-obvious way as the layer
preview did work on other systems. I reinstalled and now it works fine.
A case for the X-files, I'm afraid.
BTW, text/plain didn't change the fact that no data was coming back,
but instead of sending an empty table it presented a message that clear
and along the lines of "No data found".

Cheers
Tobias

>>> On 13/04/2010 at 6:31 p.m., Sarah Schuessler <sarah_flip at yahoo.de>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did you tried using info_format=text/plain?
> I had same problem some weeks ago and I think with that I get info
back.

> HTH
> best regards
> Sarah
>

> ________________________________

http://localhost:8080/geoserver/wms?REQUEST=GetFeatureInfo&EXCEPTIONS=applica

tion%2Fvnd.ogc.se_xml&BBOX=1929381.381188%2C5592303.911446%2C1941522.166813%2C

5603614.760554&X=372&Y=170&INFO_FORMAT=text%2Fhtml&QUERY_LAYERS=test%3ATL_STANDAR

D_PARCEL&FEATURE_COUNT=50&Srs=EPSG%3A2193&Layers=test%3ATL_STANDARD_PARCEL&Styles
> =&WIDTH=512&HEIGHT=477&format=image%2Fpng
>
> The GeoServer logs confirm that it receives the request and accesses
the
> datastore. It also talks about writing to an OutputStream, but since
I don't
> get any feature info back I can't judge whether that's all good or
not.
> Checking Firebug for the response it confirms that HTML is streamed
back from
> GeoServer, just the table that should contain the feature info is
missing.

> My configuration is
> * GeoServer 2.0.1
> * OpenLayers 2.8
> * All running locally in my development sandbox
> * Data coming from a shapefile data store
> * GeoServer layer set to EPSG:2193 as declared SRS with SRS handling
> "force declared".
>
> I have confirmed with ArcGIS Explorer that the shape file contains
the
> information I'm after. When I export data from GeoServer (again Layer

> preview) as GML the attributes are in there. There doesn't seem to be

> anything horribly wrong as the borwser/GeoServer roundtrip happens
> successfully. I guess somewhere I wired things wrongly together such
that the
> request comes back empty.
>
> Oddly enough, the GeoServer provided layer of US States (that uses
> shapefiles also) shows the same behaviour. However, on another
GeoServer
> installation that shows the same configuration data comes back and a
table
> showing the feature information is displayed.
>
> What am I missing? Any ideas much appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Tobias

> ========
>
> This e-mail message and attachments do not necessarily reflect the
views of
> the New Zealand Ministry of Justice and may contain
> information that is confidential and may be subject to legal
privilege. If
> you
> are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you must
not
> use,
> disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail message or its
attachments. If
> you
> received this message in error, please notify the Ministry of Justice

> by telephone (call collect: 00-64-4-918-8800) or return the
> original message to us by e-mail, and destroy any copies.
> Thank you.

> Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verfügt über einen herausragenden
Schutz