[OpenLayers-Users] Geocoding different result sets

Sarah Schuessler sarah_flip at yahoo.de
Tue Apr 20 06:45:29 EDT 2010

Hi,

I tried this and could not confirm. It does not matter if I use the link or the page I get same results.
(I don´t know if this mailinglist is the right place to ask, so perhaps ask on the openstreetmap list.)

best regards
Sarah

________________________________

Hello,

If I enter on www.openstreetmap.org as a search term "Marienplatz Muenchen"
I get a few hits which all belong to Munich as bavarian capital. Thats fine.
All hits come from OpenStreetMap Nominatim, this service I would like to use
for geo coding in my application. Based on their Wiki this URL should do the
job:

http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?format=xml&polygon=0&addressdetails=0&q=Marienplatz+Muenchen

This request returns 7 hits and most of them do NOT refer to Munich.

This request in turn works fine:

http://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search?format=xml&polygon=0&addressdetails=0&q=Marienplatz+Munich

Anyone an idea why I do get different result sets?

Thanks.