[OpenLayers-Users] Fwd: How to add any functionality of open layers to a custom button ON the map?

Subhani Minhas subhaniminhas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 22 13:19:57 EDT 2010

Assalam o alaikum dear all. The answer to my previous post was lightning
fast and had almost all the answers I needed, actually it opened a totally
new perspective to the open layers . That is the geoext library using rich
gui controls. My current issue is this

1. I want to add certain functionality , like the vector layer advanced
editing example in OL examples (in which you can not only draw the basic
vectors but can also rotate, re-size and edit them as well) to a custom tool
bar on top of the map itself and not on any place outside map frame. Can it
be done in OL, or do I need to use geoext lib? If it can be done in OL i
would appreciate any code examples.
Thanks for all the quick help and support.

Ghulam Subhani