[OpenLayers-Users] Simple vector problem

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Sat Apr 24 17:20:50 EDT 2010

Hi,

var map = new OpenLayers.Map('map');

without declare any map options, means, that OpenLayers takes the default
for the map options. That means EPSG:4326 with maxExtent = [-180, -90, 180,
90].

As your data is in an other projection, OpenLayers tries to reproject the
vector data. But I think, you don't use the proj4js library, so OpenLayers
fails to reproject the data. And the unprojected data do not fall into
maxExtent for EPSG:4326;

Try something like this:

    map = new OpenLayers.Map('map',
        { maxExtent: new OpenLayers.Bounds(31789.1658, 790194.4183,
337250.8970, 961865.1338), //from
http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/26986/
          numZoomLevels: 16,
          maxResolution: auto,
          units: 'm',
          projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:26986"),
          controls:[]
    });

Arnd

  _____