[OpenLayers-Users] unselect did not work

Sarah Schuessler sarah_flip at yahoo.de
Mon Apr 26 04:27:51 EDT 2010

Hi list,

I try to use Control.SelectFeature but I can`t unselect (selection layer does not get removed). Here is my code:
var selectFeature = new OpenLayers.Control.SelectFeature(wfs2, {clickout: true, multiple: false, hover: false, toggle:false, toggleKey: "shiftKey", box: true, multipleKey: "ctrlKey"});

var wfs2 = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("WFS_Waldschutz",
                { styleMap: styleMap,
                 strategies: [new OpenLayers.Strategy.Fixed()],
                 protocol: new OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({
                   url: "http://myserver:81/geoserver/wfs?service=wfs",
                    featureNS: "http://mycomp.org",
                    featureType: "mylayer",
                    geometryName: "SHAPE",
                    srsName: "EPSG:4326",
                    version: "1.1.0"

                    }),
                   projection: new OpenLayers.Projection("EPSG:4326")
                });

wfs2.events.on({'featureselected': function(feature){
                            select.addFeatures([feature.feature]);
                            alert(this.selectedFeatures.length);
                        },
                        'featureunselected': function(feature){
                            select.removeFeatures([feature.feature]);
                            alert(this.selectedFeatures.length); alert("unselected");
                        },
                    });

var select = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector("Selection", {
            styleMap: new OpenLayers.Style(OpenLayers.Feature.Vector.style["select"]),
            displayInLayerSwitcher: true, visibility: true});

featureselected works (at firebug I can see that my app does not get to this break point). What`s wrong?

Thank you for any hints.
best regards
Sarah