[OpenLayers-Users] control.SelectFeature

sunny74 sb.ray at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 07:06:02 EDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

thanks for your reply.

If I look at the spatial filter documentation
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Filter/Spatial-js.html
http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.8/doc/apidocs/files/OpenLayers/Filter/Spatial-js.html

I find that there are 3 things that need to be mentioned in all except the
DWITHIN filter.

What do I specify for 1) property 2) value parameter of the Spatial Filter
constructor.

the value parameter  requires either bounds or the geometry.How do I get
that for the box I am creating?

My code is:

 control = new OpenLayers.Control.GetFeature({

                   protocol: OpenLayers.Protocol.WFS({

                       formatOptions: {
                           outputFormat: "text/xml"
                       },
                       url:
"/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=c:/ms4w/apache/htdocs/Shape/Rail_wfs.map",
                       featureType: 'RailwayStations',
                       featurePrefix: 'ms',
                       geometryName: 'msgeometry',
                       maxFeatures: 100,
                       var defaultFilter: new OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial({
type: OpenLayers.Filter.Spatial.INTERSECTS}, {value: bounds})
                   }),
                   box: true,
                   multipleKey: "shiftKey"

               });

Pls change the defaultFilter so that it gets the above two parameters.

What is the purpose of DWITHIN,BBOX Filter?
There is no Filter by the name of "buffer"?

Thanks a lot for your help.