[OpenLayers-Users] Show polygon vectors as points

acangi aca at ngi.be
Wed Apr 28 09:51:16 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm also looking for a way to render a polygon as a marker.

I found an example in the sandboxes :
http://dev.openlayers.org/sandbox/topp/almanac/examples/vector-rendering-externalGraphics.html
(the red marker is representing a polygon).

I'm trying to do the same locally (using OL 2.9 and changing the URL to the
marker) but it doesn't work : the polygon appears filled with black.

I think there's an interesting development in this sandbox that could be
incorporated in trunk.

PS : No idea whether or not the getCentroid method is used in this example

Alain