[OpenLayers-Users] markers changing position on zoom

JuKiM rifins at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 07:02:06 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a baselayer of google maps, and some markers displayed on it.
Then there is an option to draw a line between all the markers, and then
there is another option, of drawing arrows indicating the direction..
My problem is that when I draw the line with the arrows, when I zoom in/out,
the arrows don't stay at place..
If I zoom out one time, and then I zoom in, the arrows are again in the same
place..
If I zoom out one time, move the map, and zoom in, the arrows are displaced
respect the markers..
This is happening in firefox, in IE7 the arrows mantains correctly

I add the layer of the markers like this:

function ResetLyrArrow() {
    if (lyrArrowLine) {
        lyrArrowLine.destroy();
    }

    lyrArrowLine = new OpenLayers.Layer.Vector('', {
        styleMap: new OpenLayers.StyleMap({
            "default": {
                "externalGraphic": "images/arrow.png",
                "graphicWidth": 11,
                "graphicHeight": 11,
                "graphicYOffset": -5,
                "graphicXOffset": 0,
                "rotation": "${angle}"
            }
        })
    });
    lyrArrowLine.displayInLayerSwitcher = false;
    if (map) {
        map.addLayers([lyrArrowLine]);

Maybe, the layer has to be created with sphericalmercator?

Thanks a lot!