[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 / OpenLayers / FeatureModified

James.Sewell at lisasoft.com James.Sewell at lisasoft.com
Fri Apr 30 02:23:27 EDT 2010

Greetings,

I am working with OpenLayers and IE6 (which is the required SOE for the project) and have noticed that I can't have more than one active OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature at any time.  The code works as expected in Chrome.

I am creating a ModifyFeature for each layer and then activating these when a dummy Modify button is clicked.

A snippet from my code:

var modifyControls = [
new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer1);
new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer2)
new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer3)
new OpenLayers.Control.ModifyFeature(layer4);
];

function activateModifyTools()
{
     for (var i=0; i<modifyControls.length; i++)
     {
           modifyControls[i].activate();

This results in only the layer4 ModifyFeature being active. Please note I have tried simpler code which just creates then activates each ModifyFeature with the same result.

Has anyone dealt with this behavior before? Any help would really be appreciated.

Cheers,
James Sewell
LISAsoft Developer
+61 (3) 8680 3200 / +61 414 688 892