[OpenLayers-Users] IE6 / OpenLayers / Path DrawFeature and DoubleClicks

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Fri Apr 30 06:04:02 EDT 2010

Hi,

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 8:23 AM, James.Sewell at lisasoft.com
<James.Sewell at lisasoft.com> wrote:
> I am working with OpenLayers and IE6 (which is the required SOE for the
> project) and have noticed that mouse doubleclicks are not being captured
> correctly when drawing a Path from an OpenLayers.Control.DrawFeature  if
> another element is drawn to any layer from a sketchmodified event.

I think the "if" part in the above sentence screws your application.
This sounds like an application issue. You could try to draw the other
element in the sketchmodified handler using setTimeout. If that does
not work, try to create a minimal example that shows the issues, so it
will be easier for others to help.

Regards,
Andreas.

> From IE in the above situation the Path is drawn (which has a circle
> dynamically drawn round it using the sketchmodified event to call the
> OpenLayers.Layer.Vector.addFeatures method) but requires a single click
> immediately followed by a double click to terminate the Path.
>

> If the addFeatures call is not made (the circle is not drawn ) behavior is
> as normal. The code works as expected in Chrome.
>

> Has anyone dealt with this behavior before? Any help would really be
> appreciated.
>

> Cheers,
>
> James Sewell
>
> LISAsoft Developer