[OpenLayers-Users] show only specific objects, wms

Gabriel Nolasco nolasco_gabriel at yahoo.com.br
Fri Apr 30 15:17:12 EDT 2010

David,

You can use Geoserver WMS vendor parameters for GetMap requests:
http://geoserver.org/display/GEOSDOC/WMS+vendor+parameters

See how it is done in Geoserver Layer Preview page.

Best regards,
Gabriel Nolasco
Hy all,

I use GeoServer with OpenLayers.
I have a WMS Layer with many kinds types of objects. How can I show only for
example object whose attribut has a special value?
I know I can create SLD so that it shows what I need. But the problem ist
that I have about 1000 different attribut values. And I can't create 1000
SLD documents...
I hope you understood my problem...

Is this possible with a WMS Layer?
Or is there a way I can change the SLD on runtime?

cheers David