[OpenLayers-Users] Howto extract document attributes (name/description) from KML Layer

Sven Geggus lists at fuchsschwanzdomain.de
Sun Aug 1 16:32:22 EDT 2010

Hello,

I'm using a KML layer like this:

var brewpub_layer = new
OpenLayers.Layer.GML("KML", "path/to/my.kml",
              {
              format: OpenLayers.Format.KML,
              projection: map.displayProjection,
              formatOptions: {
                extractStyles: true,
                extractAttributes: true
               }
             });

This works fine as far as the features are concerned. But I would
also like to extract a few other attributes from the kml file to
display them beside the map.

Currently I'm talking about <name> and <description> attributes only.

How can this be done?

Sven

--
"The term "any key" does not refer to a particular key on the keyboard. It
simply means to strike any one of the keys on your keyboard or handheld