[OpenLayers-Users] Problem change from Spherical Mercator to WGS84 layers

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Mon Aug 2 11:07:08 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a site using OL 2.9.1:

http://www.routeloops.com/?zoom=11&lat=39.92454&lon=-83.82143&layers=B00TT&ll=-83.8127%2039.924536&len=7.5&rs=0.17704576380180836&al=0%2C1&u=E&cw=1

When I switch layers using the layer switcher everything looks ok,
except when I change from a Google layer to either of my mapserver
layers which are in WGS84 projection, then the map looks find, but when
I go to drag the map image vanishes. I can get it back but toggling to
the other mapserver layer and back again, or if I zoom in/out.

I have some event handlers on the map that reproject the vector data of
the projection changes but that seems to be working ok.

To reproduce this problem:

1. load the url above
2. open the Layer Switcher
3. select "Google Map" then "Base Map"
4. drag the map

To fix this:

1. zoom in then out OR
2. in Layer Switch, select "Streets" then "Base Map"

There are no errors that I can see in FireBug. I'm at a loss as to what
is happening here or what to look at that might lead me to the problem.

Thanks,
   -Steve