[OpenLayers-Users] OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison.LIKE and singleChar

Arnd Wippermann arnd.wippermann at web.de
Wed Aug 4 06:28:17 EDT 2010

Hi

Why is it not possible to use '.' (point for singleChar) in a
OpenLayers.Filter.Comparison.LIKE?

The Comparision filter 'like' seems not to work as expected.
It's not possible to use an expression only with a point for a single char
(.2) or a static string (22).
It causes an error 'this.value.replace is not a function'. It works only in
conjunction with '*' (*.2, 22*).

Also I don't understand, why '*2' finds items like 21, 23, 24.

example :
http://gis.ibbeck.de/ginfo/apps/OLExamples/OL29/SLDShow/ApplySLD.asp

Looking at the code, I have no idea, where to look to change the behavior.

Some hints would help.

Arnd