[OpenLayers-Users] Single Tile for the entire Map bounds

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Aug 4 10:43:39 EDT 2010

Kalyan Kamepalli wrote:
> By the way, what is the parameter ration: 1 does ?? what are the valid
> values for it ??

Ratio: 1 requests an image the size of the viewport. Ratio:2 requests an
image h*2 X w*2 so you can do some panning without redrawing the image,
but at the cost of generating a larger image and transfering a larger
image to the browser.

I think it defaults to something like 1.5. I always set it to 1, but
your needs may be different.

-Steve