[OpenLayers-Users] Web-app with ablilty to save or send openlayers current map with written comments?

Phil Scadden p.scadden at gns.cri.nz
Wed Aug 4 17:20:08 EDT 2010

> I am starting to program a web app which is based on having an openlayers map to serve information from Geoserver. I would like there to be a side bar which lets the users save the current map window and write a comment about the given map section or even sketch additional information onto the map. After this has been done, I would like to save the map into a database together with the users comments. An alternative would be to just let the user send the map and sketch per email without saving it.

My thoughts are you have to do this server side. The sidebar needs to
get the comments and then pass them to a servlet which will write them
to a database. Got a question mark them on passing up an image of the
map or whether you can pass url, extent, size etc to servlet which then
runs a copy of openlayers to recreate the image.
--
Phil Scadden, Senior Scientist GNS Science Ltd 764 Cumberland St,
Private Bag 1930, Dunedin, New Zealand Ph +64 3 4799663, fax +64 3 477 5232