[OpenLayers-Users] wmsGetFeatureInfo with Mapserver

Benjamin Preisig benjaminpreisig at gmx.at
Tue Aug 10 07:31:53 EDT 2010

  Hi,

I am trying to get the Feature Info - PopUp example
(http://dev.openlayers.org/releases/OpenLayers-2.9.1/examples/getfeatureinfo-popup.html)
working, but I am encountering some problems with it. When i click on
the map nothing happens. I tried to search for the problem with firebug,
but i cant find anything.
As you can see in the following code i was just changing the url:

info = new OpenLayers.Control.WMSGetFeatureInfo({
                     url:
'http://localhost/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/Library/WebServer/Documents/webmap/mapfiles/gorjanci.map',

                     title: 'Identify features by clicking',
                     queryVisible: true,
                     eventListeners: {
                         getfeatureinfo: function(event) {
                             map.addPopup(new OpenLayers.Popup.FramedCloud(
                                 "chicken",
                                 map.getLonLatFromPixel(event.xy),
                                 null,
                                 event.text,
                                 null,
                                 true
                             ));
                 });
                 map.addControl(info);
                 info.activate();

So I thought maybe the mapfile is the problem. But I dont know why,
because a manual request works perfect.
Here is a part of my mapfile:

LAYER
         NAME            "vsa_imena"
         STATUS            ON
         TRANSPARENCY    100
         TYPE            POINT
         DATA            "namen_point.shp"
         LABELITEM        "TextString"

         MAXSCALEDENOM    51000
         MINSCALEDENOM    2000

         TOLERANCE        100
         TOLERANCEUNITS    pixels

         METADATA
             "WMS_TITLE"                "vsa ledinska imena"
             "WMS_SRS"                "epsg:31258"
             "WMS_INCLUDE_ITEMS"        "all"
         END #METADATA

         PROJECTION
             "init=epsg:31258"
         END #PROJECTION

         CLASS
             NAME        "vsa_imena"
             TEMPLATE
"/Library/WebServer/Documents/webmap/templates/content.html"
             STYLE
                 COLOR    0 0 0
             END #STYLE
         #Beschriftung
             LABEL
                 TYPE            TRUETYPE
                 ANTIALIAS        TRUE
                 ENCODING        "UTF-8"
                 FONT            "calibri_a"
                 COLOR            0 0 0
                 OUTLINECOLOR    255 255 255
                 #BUFFER            4
                 #OUTLINEWIDTH    5
                 POSITION        cc
                 SIZE            12
                 ANGLE            [Angle]
             END    #LABEL
         END #CLASS
     END #LAYER

I think I have done everything right and cant find nothing wrong. I
would appreciate any help!

Cheers,
Benjamin