[OpenLayers-Users] SLD over WMS

Andreas Hocevar ahocevar at opengeo.org
Thu Aug 12 05:06:52 EDT 2010

Hi,

what about

fires_24h.mergeNewParams({sld: './SLD/my_new.sld'});

This requires that my_new.sld is stored at the same location as fires.sld. Do you have that, or are you generating a new SLD on the fly in OpenLayers and store it back to the server? If so, you have to wait for the server's response before issuing mergeNewParams.

Regards,
Andreas.

On Aug 12, 2010, at 10:27 , Fernando Ribeiro wrote:

> Hi list,
>
> I am trying to change the default style of a WMS layer, with a new SLD style. So far I tried the "SLD:", direcly on layer options, and layer.mergeNewParams, without much success.
>
> Here's the layer I want to change:
>
> var fires_24h = new OpenLayers.Layer.WMS(
>             "Fires 24h",
>             "http://firefly.geog.umd.edu/wms/wms?",
>             {
>                 layers: 'fires24',